What do Architects do?
An Architects first priority is to ensure maximum return on your investments through good design by creating a timeless design that is:
- stylish without being merely fashionable
- sustainable and environmentally responsive
- structurally efficient
- cost effective
- designed for accessibility
Deliverables that Architects provide:
- Feasibility analysis
- Construction documentation
- Contract Administration
- Calling Tenders and negotiating with Contractors
- Applications to and negotiations with Authorities
- Budget reviews, estimates and feasibility studies
- Project planning and management
- 3D Computer modelling of sites and buildings
- 3D renderings and walkthrough
This is one of the most important questions.
You need to look for someone:
- With experience to get it right the first time
- With passion for your project
- With skills to communicate using full 3D computer modelling
- You like or you think gets you
- Who will listens to you – even if they don’t agree
- Who you will listen to – even if you don’t agree
- With a track record preferably with his own business
- Like me
IS AN ARCHITECT WORTH THE EXPENSE?
It is simply a matter of priorities.
Would you prefer to spend your hard earned money on:
- the pointy end of a plane for a better life when you are in the air
- a new car every 2 years for a better when you are on the road
- a well designed building for a better life every day for ever